Getting enough protein at breakfast can be challenging at the best of times. If you train in the morning you need to be maximising your gains by including protein in your recovery breakfast!
What better way than to whip up some Protein Pancakes to hit your protein needs!
1/4 cup Vanilla protein powder
1 cup Wholemeal flower
4 tsp Baking powder
1 Handful crushed walnuts + additional for toppings
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1 Pinch Salt
1 1/4 Cups plant based milk (calcium fortified) + 1 tbsp white or apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp Vegetable oil
1. Mix together the plant-based milk and vinegar and set aside.
2. Whisk together flour, protein powder, baking powder, salt and cinnamon until well combined.
3. Add the milk mixture and oil to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
4. Heat a frying pan on medium heat and spray with cooking oil. Once hot add the batter to the pan forming small circular shapes. Wait until the edges crisp and small bubble form. Flip and cook on the other side for a few minutes.
5. Top with sliced banana or berries, drizzle with maple syrup and additional walnuts.