Breakfast on the go! Sometimes we just need something quick and easy for the morning hustle. This smoothie is not only delicious and refreshing but also contains a variety of antioxidants, fibre, calcium and protein. If you haven’t started making smoothies in the morning yet now Is your chance to have a crack at this recipe!
- 1 medium pink lady apple, skin on
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries
- 600 mls soymilk, fortified with calcium
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp chia/hemp flax seeds
- +/- 1 scoop of complete plant based protein powder
- Cut the apple into bite size chunks – no need to peel the apple, but you do need to remove the core and seeds!
- Combine apple chunks, berries, milk, oats, vanilla, chia seeds and cinnamon into a food processor or blender and blitz until well combined.
- Add additional cold water and ice to get desired consistency and volume.
- Split between two glasses and enjoy!
In a rush in the morning? Make the night before and leave in the fridge over night so you can grab and go.
For more information on our services please visit our nutrition & dietitian page
Posted by our accredited sports dietitian Renee